The Next Steps After Google Adsense Approval
You are here because you want to know what you should do after you got approved by Google Adsense. Well, I am going to show you what I did.
1.Sign into your google account or go to google adsense to sign in using your google sign in
2. Once you sign in, you should be redirected to the home page.
3. There, you will click on “My ads” tab on the top left of the page and then click on the “+New ad unit.”
4. Then you can create an ad. You want to give it a name, click on which layout design you want. I just left it on what is recommended for now. Then click on “Save and get code.”
5. When you first create your first ad, it will show up under “Status” as NEW, but after 24 hours or less of your first ad, NEW will change into ACTIVE. So, when you embed your code, the ad may not show up until it switches to ACTIVE.
6. You will receive an email stating your ad is live on your site about 24 hours or sooner after you made your first ad.
6. You will copy the code by highlighting the code (right click on mouse and copy). You can do this sooner than receiving the email above.
7. Then you will go into your website and paste it anywhere in your website (widgets or in the body of your posts/ pages. Of course, you have to make sure you follow their policies. You will select “text” instead of visual to embed the code into your website, paste code, click “preview changes” to see how it looks on your website. Then, click “update” to save your changes.
8. The ad will show up as a colored bar when it is new, but once it is active, an ad will appear.
9. Go to your settings on the upper right side and select payment to fill in the necessary information so you can get paid.
If this is your first time getting approved to Google Adsense, to make the most of it, here is a link to make sure you don’t miss anything important.
I hope you found this post helpful. Please share your experience, comments or questions below.
Founder of I-want-to-change-my-career.com